Maximizing Social Security
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
6:00p - 8:00p PST
Ventura Adult and Continuing Education
Organizer:Adult Financial Educational Services [email protected]
This educational workshop will provide you with much needed information to help you understand the system, coordinate spousal and survivor benefits, minimize taxes, and maximize your personal benefits.
Whether you’re single, married, divorced, or widowed, there may be ways to maximize the lifetime Social Security benefits you receive.
Important issues to understand:
• Is “file and suspend” really gone?
• How married couples can coordinate benefits to help enhance spousal and survivor benefits
• How divorce impacts spousal benefits
• Claiming a spousal benefit while earning delayed retirement credits
• How working impacts taxes on Social Security benefits
• How claiming early worker benefits could lower your spousal benefit at full retirement age
• The effect of remarriage on survivor benefits for widowed and divorced spouses